Musical work” means a work consisting of music and includes any graphical notation of such work but does not include any words or any action intended to be sung, spoken or performed with the music. A musical work need not be written down to enjoy copyright protection. The composer of the musical work is first owner.
In the case of a musical work, copyright means the exclusive right
- To reproduce the work
- To issue copies of the work to the public
- To perform the work in public
- To communicate the work to the public
- To make cinematography film or sound recording in respect of the work
- To make any translation of the work
- To make any adaptation of the work.
Barahami Legal Services provides service for copyright registration of musical works.